The company Fahrzeugbau Kempf GmbH (ltd.) was founded on April 15, 1950 by the blacksmith Walter Kempf. He bought old cars made in the pre-war period and turned them into towing vehicles for agricultural purposes. Thanks to his technical skills and craftsmanship, along with his imagination, he was very successful and there was increased demand for these vehicles. In 1951, Walter Kempf gave up the conversion of old cars and specialized in the development of new products.
Walter Kempf took the individual requirements and wishes of his customers for vehicles and trailers very seriously and implemented them with high precision. At a time of economic boom in Germany, his company was already on the road to great success.
In 1978, the company Kempf Fahrzeug-Reparatur GmbH (ltd.) was founded to improve services for commercial vehicles. The basis of the KEMPF brand philosophy has always been individual customer orientation and knowledge of the importance of outstanding service.
Today, KEMPF manufactures tailor-made commercial vehicles for various applications. For example, at the request of the beverage industry, KEMPF has developed a very successful beverage semi-trailer that has been perfectly adapted to the industry's requirements for the transport of light PET (plastic) containers. Compared to conventional semi-trailers, which are also commonly used for this purpose, the KEMPF beverage semi-trailer is able to carry 30% more payload due to its intelligent design and low empty space weight.
KEMPF is also a leader in waste management vehicles. In addition to platform semi-trailers with an automatic loading and unloading system, the brand's range also includes special tipping semi-trailers for the transport and disposal of waste and special waste.