In 1906, master blacksmith Bernhard Krone and his wife Anna inherited a small farm and guest house in the village of Spelle in Emsland, Germany. They left their home in Ochtrup, where Bernhard Krone had been in business since 1897, and moved to Spelle. While Anna Krone took care of a small farm and guest house, Bernhard Krone built a smithy in Spelle. The quality of his craftsmanship quickly ensured that he had customers not only from Spelle, but also from neighboring towns and villages.
The next generation was also very successful, especially thanks to great innovations and in-house designs. As a result, orders continued to grow, exceeding Spelle's production capacity. Therefore, in 1963, land was purchased in Werlte and a new branch was built. KRONE initially started manufacturing agricultural trailers, flatbed trucks and tipper trailers at this location. As a result of a decline in the growth of sales of agricultural trailers, it was decided in 1970 to change production at the Werlte plant to trailers and semi-trailers for road freight transport. The required production competencies and know-how for the purchase of trailers already existed and the market for vehicles and transport containers for road transport only grew. This created the second pillar of the company - the production of commercial vehicles. In the meantime, the fourth generation has taken over the company's operations, but Krone's values are still firmly in place: the customer, the employees, the company.
Exemplary product quality at a favorable price, extraordinary innovation, the mentality of a service provider and proximity to customers - these points show the success story of the family company KRONE.